How would you feel if your child had surgery and you post it on facebook to let all your family know about it and you see that they have all been on and not one of them posted on your wall or called to ask if your child was ok ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow, I would be a little hurt. When my son was in the hospital 18 mos. ago, I got such a huge response, even Cafe Mom friends who I had never met called me at home and checked in at the hospital. as well as family. I'm sorry that you didn't get that support. I hope you child is doing much better.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i would feel hurt like doesnt my family care about my child surgrey! Hopefully everything went good with the surgrey!!!!
    jaime2006

Answer by jaime2006 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would not use Facebook to communicate that information. I would be on the phone with those that mattered .
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well, first, I am close enough to my family that I would actually call them rather than to put it on a social site.

That's pretty impersonal in the first place so I couldn't get upset if they didn't say anything about it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• maybe they would rather hear about it in person/over the phone. I have family members who feel that way about talking about delicate matters like that. don't take this the wrong way but some find posting stuff like this to be personal and not for everyone to see.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• winki would not feel any way because if they didn't know about the surgery before hand that MEANS we obviously didn't want them to know- so there fore they are minding their business....

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Wow...I'd say something is definitely wrong here! and they all knew he was having surgery? I mean...(I'm not on FB). Are you sure they saw the post? If they did....I would NOT understand that either.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would be hurt...both of our families want to know everything that is going on with our daughter...even when she just has a cold. They always ask for updates, check and see if she is feeling better, ect. I am sorry that you didn't have support from your family.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Nothing, my family ignores us anyway so it wouldn't really be a surpirse. They knew about my surgery, were told the date and time and only 1 of my aunts called to see how I was doing. Everyone else ignored me. I used Facebook to tell friends and a lot of my friends commented and asked if I needed anything. 2 of them carted me around for the 2 weeks I couldn't drive.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• People have lives. Sometimes I am on here alot, other times not for quite a while. Some people have so many friends on FB posting through out the day that comments go to the second page and some might not have even seen it. I wouldn't worry about it. I don't use FB for contact, I think it should be more for fun.......it is pretty impersonal.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2011