Do you still celebrate Christmas?

How many people who are unsure of their religion or maybe even unbelievers still celebrate Christmas maybe just because it is a fun holiday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nah....Even as a child I couldn't get it. Never could understand how people put it together....Santa and Christmas. Hmmm. So no, I don't do it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• No...
    Anonymous

• No I Don't. Religious Reasons and common sense.

BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm an atheist. I suppose you could say I celebrate Christmas with the whole giving presents, decorated tree and Big dinner with the family but there's nothing religious about our celebration.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I'm atheist and we still celebrate Christmas. It is fun and has many good traditions to go with it. We do the same things my parents did with me as a kid and in some cases that my parents did as kids themselves. That is important to me because those traditions link us together as a family. Someday my children will do the same thing with their kids and grandkids and the link will continue.
    Our holiday has no religious meaning though. We might still have a couple angel ornaments on the tree but that's as religious as we get.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Unbelievers is a very insulting term. Just because my beliefs aren't the same as yours doesn't mean that I don't believe in G-d.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 5:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i celebrate it but not as a Christian holiday
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I celebrate Yule. The same traditions except for the Jesus part. I wish they would have kept their christ out of my yule. But oh well. Not like I can change it now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Yep we celebrate on Dec 25th - it just has nothing to do with religion to us, and everything to do with togetherness, family, being thankful for what you have, and helping others.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I celebrate Christmas with gift giving and a big dinner. But I really think Christmas is simply too commercial. I would prefer to use it as a time to gather with loved ones and appreciate them...an extension of Thanksgiving Day I suppose...lol.
    I do sometimes put up a tree; though I haven't yet this year.
    When we have a child in the house I'll definitely play up Christmas more with decorating, but I'll also explain to her Christmas should be about family - not about the gifts we give and receive. But of course she'll still get gifts...lol
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008