Tips on potty training??

My 2 1/2 yr old was doing really well my mom used to babysit and she didnt have paitence to deal with him and put him back in a diaper now I cant even get him to wear a pull up and I had him sooo close to being trained any ideas on what to do???

dany80

Asked by dany80 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try sticking him in underwear and putting him on the toilet every half hour. If you can give him a few days, home all day where you can keep him in underwear and stick to a schedule. But have lots of extras on hand for accidents, they will happen.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Sticker chart and M & M's ... my DS was FULLY potty trained until we moved then he up and decided he wasn't gonna go! But those two helped a LOT! :)
    YerMami24

Answer by YerMami24 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thanks i had him in some today he ended up taking them off and put them in the trash ha...
    dany80

Comment by dany80 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• When my older sister was little, my mother was at the store and she found some pretty lacy panties with pink bows on them and she begged for my mother to buy them and at first she said no, because she had just started to potty train her and wasn't putting her into panties yet but then she thought about it and told her that she would buy them for her but she had to keep them dry. After that, she did very well because she didn't want to mess up her pretty panties. Try getting him to pick out some underwear he likes and then tell him that, if he want the big boy underwear then he has to keep them dry. My mother tried Skittles with me and they worked until I stuck a yellow one up my nose.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• get his fav. charachter undies. Just keep trying hun.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• thanks he does love cars maybe i'll try that
    dany80

Comment by dany80 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i don't have a chart yet and the candy backfired on me. but what i do with her is we wear like no underwear...its a new thing. for the past two days. yesterday she did not have one accident and i was at my parents all day. stuck in the house because of rain storms. today we went out so she was ina diaper but i did go downstairs before bathtim and she went to the potty and put it in the big toilet all by herself. we do that every day. and then she flushes it. so far she has had no accidents. pooping is a challenge and she has not actually done everything herself but she is doing it everyday more and more. just go to underwear...i don;t yet because she is in daycare but she even peed in daycare on the toilet. its a slow process but hang in there. alot of praise and make it the biggest deal in the world. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:48 PM on Jun. 24, 2011