S/O If you could force/make every parent in America to do one thing, what would it be?

vote up to agree, down to disagree

lets once again see what CMers think

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• take more of an interest in their childrens education.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Pay attention to what your kids AREN'T saying. They say a lot by their actions, and parents seem to ignore them a lot.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 10:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• To actually listen and to keep track of where they are, what they are doing, who their friends are. In other words, BE INVOLVED with parenting their kids.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't want to force a parent to do anything. I have no God complex in me I guess.lol
    Anonymous

• Spend less time worrying about how everyone else is raising their kids and more time worrying about what your (general "you") kids know and understand, and how that prepares them to survive in the real world.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• To be responsible parents, realize yes, your kids can be brats & yes, you should discipline them.
    Along with that for all dead beat.or non caring patents to.put their children first.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• To hug their children and give them praise for doing a good job or at least trying.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• To STAY INVOLVED in their child's life, know what they are doing, and not let them grow up to be spoiled, selfish, disrespectful brats. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Stop having babies off my income!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I can't see myself wanting to force parents to do anything - certainly *not*, as you suggest OP, breastfeeding. That's a personal choice that is influenced by a variety or reasons you nor I are privy.

Actually I take it back. I agree with another PP. If I could choose I'd force every parent to focus on THEIR parenting decisions and stop worrying some damn much what another family opts to do. I'd make people realize that there are parenting CHOICES and which direction those choices go is solely up to each individual sets of parents - not one individual opting for everyone else. I'd force people to respect others enough to just back the hell up and stop trying to tell others why their parenting CHOICES are not correct just because they aren't yours.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011