Would this make u mad?

I let my older son go to his friends house but see we live on the other side of the neighborhood like 1/2mile from every one. I give him time to be home and to call me when he gets there and when he is leaving.

I had to call looking for him because he says he for got the time playing to much mad him forget to call. I call the house looking for my son no ansewr. Then I call the moms cell she said once she is leaving she will send him home. That didnt happen ether she just let him and her son go across the street to the other kids house to play while she left. When I told her and my son to send him home they were ok. I called for an hr. looking for my son the parents never answered the phone. Had to end up going down to the kids house thats when I find out hes across the street to bring him home. That drives me crazy worrying about my kids and hes not hes playing. I want to give him freedom but what do I do when he returns it back like this? My son is 12 will be 13 this year. I dont know. My son dont want to invite his friend over to our house because we dont have vidoe games and its boring.

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• buy him a watch and set it..that way he will know when to come home just set the alarm
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 10:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Try to talk to him about how important it is that he lets you know at all times where he is, and to call when you tell him to call. Let him know that if it happens again, there will be consequences, and tell them what they are. And MEAN it. My suggestions are that he won't be allowed to go over to the friend's for a week or two. Also, you could take something away from him at home that he likes, for a week, whether it is a "toy" or even a privilege. But you have to stick to it or he will see very quickly that he can walk all over you.
    Anonymous

• oh im so not ready for that... im am prayin for and thanking the good Lord my baby is one!!!
    luvmy2kids91

Answer by luvmy2kids91 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree w/anonymous let him know he has to do what is expected of him. If he wants to be treated like he's 13 he has to act 13. Take somethig away, or don't let him go over for a day or 2 and see if that helps. But make sure you don't make any threats you can't keep, then he'll walk all over you for sure.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• could get him a prepaid cell phone, no internet- that he takes with him when he's going out with friends, that way you can call or text him directly.. i've been thinking bout this with my boy, but he never really goes anywhere lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2011