If you had irrefutable proof that ETs exist, would it make you question your current belief system?

What if it were proof of Ghosts or Spirits? Or Fairies?  Or anything else you don't believe in???

Lots of people believe in this stuff - they have their own proof. Lots of other people don't simply because of lack of proof or because they were taught otherwise...

But I wonder if you have a belief system which teaches against this or simply ignores the possibility that these things exist, and you had some kind of unquestionable proof, would you rethink the entire belief system or simply that aspect of it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• nah.. as someone who has a strong faith in a higher power i figure anythings possible lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Just that particular aspect in relation to the subject at hand, but that is of course if the evidence is indeed irrefutable and not in any manner questionable.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I'm not sure how it could be unquestionable, I mean people who don't want to see truth can find something to question about anything. But I'm just giving a hypothetical... If for some reason you could find NOTHING to question and the proof was 100%

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No, it wouldn't really contradict anything.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Nope, not in the least.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• no
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 11:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No would not change anything- don't know how that would be incompatible with my religious beliefs-
    Does anyone have a religion that forbids belief in any of those things with proof-just curious-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I first typed "no, it wouldn't faze me", but to be honest it would bring up a lot of questions.

None that are of the "questioning/shaking my faith" variety, but I would be curious (heck, who wouldn't be!) as to how they fit into the world I know, including my faith.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Nope because I do not believe that, in this vast universe, we are the only intelligent critters. It would not affect my beliefs.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It would not affect my beliefs as I am sure that there are other "beings" out there.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011