Would you make her wear a mermaid style dress??

you have an overweight friend as a bridesmaid in your wedding.. well now she is pregnant too.. so by the time you get married she will be 8 months.. would you let her wear a different style dress so that she is more comfortable ?? Or would you make her wear the mermaid style dress?

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I think that the bride should either let her wear a more comfortable (and more flattering) dress, or ask her to step down from the wedding. At 8 months pregnant she may not feel like standing thru the whole ceremony.
    When my ex step sil got married I was supposed to be in her wedding, but then I found out I was pregnant (due 3 wks after her wedding) so she said she was concerned that I would not be comfortable standing that long, or be comfortable in the dress/shoes that she picked out and she also joked that maybe it would be a birth and a wedding (as you never know when babies decide to make their appearance). We both agreed that it would be best for me to step down and let someone else be in the wedding.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• I would let her wear something more comfortable.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I would let her wear a different style. I wouldn't want to humiliate a bridesmaid! Plus, I would want people looking at me, not staring at her.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Then, if it were me, I would bow out of being a bridesmaid.

A bride that doesn't care about the comfort of their entorage is not a very nice person.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• so would I..
    its a friend of mine.. shes a heavy girl to begin with so now that she is pregnant she is really not comfortable with wearing this type of dress.. well the bride doesn't want to hear it.. smh
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• yea exactly.. I told her to tell her she won't be in the wedding then.. mermaid dresses aren't flattering on most people let alone a woman who is 8 months pregnant.
    Emmajosmommy

• I agree 110% jademom ....I feel bad for my friend..she is such a sweet heart and always wants to please everyone.. I told her I would do the same.. I wouldn't be in her wedding
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Tell the bride people will be looking in shock at the large pregnant woman in a mermaid dress, and not at her. No one looking at the bride? Maybe she will change her tune then!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 10:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• very good point! this girl is quite the drama queen and loves her attention.. maybe that will make her think twice!!
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• First off, I have NEVER seen an attractive mermaid style dress. So no, I wouldn't make her wear one...

BUT, I would expect her to wear whatever dress I did choose. Otherwise she could simply decline to be in the wedding.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011