Porn......cheating?

I don't get it. How is watching something on tv cheating? If you want to be scared, you watch a horror flick, if you want to laugh, you watch a comedy. If someone is horny they might watch a porn movie. Isn't it a little egotistical of us to think that our partners might not be turned on by something other than us? I wasn't in the mood for sex after I had my kids for at least a couple of months. I had no problem with my husband taking care of himself and using some visual aid. lol For some reason, there is this misconception that a guy that watches porn is going to cheat. Why? It seems to me that a guy that is prohibited from looking at anything but his wife would be more likely to stray. If the guy is watching porn 24/7 he has a problem, but once in a while wouldn't bother me. Watching a movie and touching himself. Exactly who is he cheating with, his hand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree with you. I know my SO looks up porn, i could care less. It annoys me when women get so upset over it. NOW, if he started choosing the computer and his hand over me, I might be a little peeved, but until that happens, it's whatev. lol
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I agree with you, but a lot of women feel that because he wants to look at other women (who happen to be with other men) that it's just wrong.
    Personally some of the best sex I've ever was after we watched or read about porn.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It is cheating if it becomes an obsession and affects the quality of your marital life.

Anonymous

• Wouldn't it be more of an addiction than cheating though? An unhealthy obsession with anything can put stress on a relationship.
    Anonymous

• Not that I am "jealous" because on a good day I look better than most porn stars..However..I think that porn is unhealthy in relationships if it is done behind ones back..For me and my expierence, my DH was atching it and "masturbating" so much that when he would have sex with me, he would go limp!! I felt that his "penis" was use to his hand!
    Anonymous

• lusting after someone else besides your wife is wrong. and then it happens over and over thats like he d prefer to look at a porn star then his wife. kinda sad.
    but i have no issues with my hubby he was raised differently. and he gets it everyday so he doesnt need to watch it. its pointless to watch that(his words).
    Anonymous

• If you know about it then it's not behind your back though.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I've never had a problem with porn. I think if it takes over your relationship it's something different than cheating. Not that it isn't a problem, but I don't feel it's cheating, unless he's seeking out someone other than himself to satisfy. My DH and I watch it together sometimes.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Nah... I dont think it scheating... I think if it becomes an everyday obsesive thing ... than yes i think ur guys has a problem... Me and My honey watch it 2gether....
    JNM72802

Answer by JNM72802 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I think its okay but when he hid it from me, chose it over me, and lied about it, I had to stop it. We barely had sex.. how could we when he became used to their bodies after mine was different from having his baby?
    Anonymous