What is the subconcious problem I have that makes me overweight?

Or is it that? I have gained 50 pounds over the last 3 years. I was depressed, quit smoking twice, on pain meds, and in so much pain I could not exercise. The only other time in my life I gained a lot of weight-30 pounds was when I quit smoking years ago. Other than that I've been between 120 and 135. Now I am 155. Stuck, hate it and trying to figure it out. Even when I was really skinny, I never ate healthy. I ate non stop junk food. That's how I eat now just a lot more, and don't exercise much, although I am starting to more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't think it is a subconcious problem. As we get older our body processes food differently. Also, eating bad catches up to us. You need to eat better and excercise more or you can't lose the weight. At least get out and walk once a day.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• If you have a lot of stress or something going on you could be emotionally eating and not realizing it and emotional eaters tend to crave comfort foods which are often not to healthy
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 6:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• http://www.amazon.com/End-Overeating-Insatiable-American-Appetite/dp/1605297852

This book will really help!
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 2:16 AM on Jun. 25, 2011