What can I give my daughter for her teething she's 7 months old?

BRamirez719

Asked by BRamirez719 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I gave mine frozen french fries but took them away once they got too mushy so she wouldn't choke.

The hylands tablets didn't work and she HATED orajel.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• a cold damp washcloth...orajel is dangerous...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I used to give my kids a cold peeled carrot. It worked great. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I heard that Orajel was dangerous so I don't use it & as for the wash cloth she turns her head away or throws it
    BRamirez719

Comment by BRamirez719 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Tylenol seems to work just fine for my daughter...she also chews on pacifiers...she isn't much for teething rings but she likes her pacifier so I just let her chew on it, she also chews on her blankets and it seems to make her happy so I just let her keep at it.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I used real vanilla extract for all of mine and it helped. It has a very small amount of alcohol in it and worked great. I also used frozen popsicles and teething tablets.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• teething tablets , whole pickle if they dont have any teeth or the big end of a carrot
    mikailas_mom

Answer by mikailas_mom at 11:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• For my son, the best thing was frozen grapes in a mesh feeder (so it's not a choking hazard). He loved it! Teething tablets were good, and every so often we'd resort to Tylenol, but we saved that as a last resort. A frozen washcloth is also good. Beware of anything that can break off and become a choking hazard (ie carrots, waffles, popsicles, etc.). Alcohol is not generally regarded as a safe method of managing children's pain. Teething toys can be good. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Popsicles and frozen washcloths.... and every once in a blue moon, baby tylenol....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2011