Grants for daycare services?

Hey mamas,

I was just wondering if you knew of any available grants to have your child babysay (ie: be entered into a daycare program).

I am currently in the process of appealing for disability; I am unable to be home alone most days, and I DEFINITELY can NOT keep up with my 2 year old any more. I just can't. It isn't that I don't want to, but I get so sick I pass out and fall over when I begin to overdo it; after about an hour of 1-on-1 time with her I am that way, so being home alone with her for 8 hours a day is not an option.

My husband is currently trying to job search because I can't work. I need to know if there are any grants currently available so we can put her in daycare while he job searches? I mean, we would only need about 10 hours a week, and then maybe 40 his first week or two (until we could afford to pay it).

Have any of you found any? Were they hard to get?

Thanks so much, mamas!

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 10:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• The only way I have heard to get daycare grants like that is to be actually working. I tried that a couple years ago, just 2 days a week for my dd. They said I had to be already working just to put her on the waiting list and the waiting list was at least 3 months, so it was like, what do I do till then?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• We have daycare assistence here, but you have to have a job to qualify.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• only for starting your own daycare...state aide is a possibility.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011