Grants for back bills?

Hey all,

I was just wondering if any of you knew of grants currently available to pay back bills (mostly car insurance payments, and credit card bills, ect), available to low-income families.

I used to be the financial head of the household in my home until I got sick earlier this year and had to leave my job. I am currently appealing my disability decision (which was, sadly, a no).

My husband is job searching, but we are at a point now where if we miss another insurance payment, we will lose it COMPLETELY. I don't know what to do!

I tried to Google it, but that didn't help much.

So... do grants like that exist out there? Do you know of any links to any? For any mamas who have been approved; was it hard to get?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 10:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• No, but you could try for a Loan....Bill consolidation. Debt consolidation, a Bank loan. MAke an appointment with an Officer at your Bank and see if they can help you with money management.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I have never heard of anything like that, here is a bump, good luck
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I wish I knew! Good luck!
    dixie383

Answer by dixie383 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't think so. But I recommend Dave Ramseys Total Money Makeover book. It helped us.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Be VERY careful...there are a lot of scams out there as far as grants go. Got scammed several years ago!! Most grants are for starting a business etc...Just be careful! Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I don't know of any grants but have you checked to see what is available in your state. Some States have financial assistant. What about the Church, do you belong to a Church?

Hope you get some help soon.
    Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I've never heard of that but it never hurts to ask ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Contact a local social services agency.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011