Would you be mad???

If you invited people to your baby shower...they said they were coming and they don't show up and they never even mention it again.. like it didn't happen.. then when it comes up later they ask for your address and say they will mail a present ... and they never do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Trey ... it's not the point of bringing a gift. It's the fact they said they would be there and never bothered to show or even apologize for not showing or calling. It was rude.

@OP ... I was taught to be polite ... okay, Mom didn't say anything about being EVIL, but it's just how I am. I even sent one to one of my MIL's doctors. Stupid woman stopped MIL's narcotic pain med cold turkey. My MIL is in her 70s with a serious heart condition. I just sent them a "Thank You" that said "Thanks for putting her life in danger. What a wonderful idea to stop a 73 year old woman cold turkey!! Congratulations!!"

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• No, a lot of people are having a tough time with finances. They probably feel bad that they can't buy anything for your baby right now.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Send them "Thank You" cards for being there.My younger SIL said she was going to be at a party I had thrown and then didn't show up or even call and say she wouldn't be there. I sent her a lovely "Thank You" card that said "Thank you for coming to the party. It was such a joy having you there. It just wouldn't have been the same without you. We had such a good time. Hope you had fun." She has NEVER done that again. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• lol spirited witch ! thats great
    and to make matters worse.. this was my sil
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• as far as tough times goes.. she can afford tanning.. getting her nails done.. going out drinking every wkend and shopping @ abercrombie.. so I don't think thats the case.
    And let me be clear... I couldn't care any less about presents.. but I hate liars..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I am and was capable of buying my baby stuff AGAIN this has NOTHING to do with receiving presents.. I don't like to be lied to..If you don't want to come.. say you don't wanna come...and if you aren't gonna send a gift.. don't say you are going to.. it's tacky.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• hahaha I love u spirited witch hahah
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• *grin*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• this was my issue too. just don't say things you don't mean. Not about the gift but if you have been invited i value my friendship with you so I expect my friends will at least not lie about having a gift and not sending it or coming and then not coming. or worse not hearing. I had tons do this at my wedding and we had to pay for them not to be there because they were too lazy to check the box. I am still mad about it.
    rainbowsrock

Answer by rainbowsrock at 11:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2011