If the only mom your husband had was a step mom from age 9

But she didnt treat your husband = to her own bio kids.. Would u want this lady called grandma.. I wont prevent my step mil and Fil from seeing my son.. But I do think** grandma is resvered for those who care *** thoughts>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• It would depend on the relationship now. People change and sometimes realize they were wrong to be have a certain way in the past. If you don't want her called Grandma, use a different name that essentially means the same.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• That's up to your husband. He's the one that has to forgive her and move past it, and I would support him on any decision he makes with that situation.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• i say introduce her by her name and give them the option to call her grandma, cuz for all purposes thats what she is.. her treatment of your husband is something he needs to deal with and if he hasnt by now then there are more issues than whether or not she should be called grandma... and eventually might not really be much of an issue..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• You could call her something else like Memaw (my stepgrandmother) or MImi, Nanny,..etc. If your So doesnt mind her being called that then I would say leave it up to him.
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 2:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• a name is just a name, no real difference... and to be honest, little ones decide what they call their grandparents... it's usually the first word that gets them picked up.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2011