My Fellow Minnesotains..... And all others who may have an opinion....

How are you all feeling about the upcoming large possiblity of our states government shutdown???
Do you agree that the govenor is in the long run hurting low income people in order to take a stand FOR taxing the richest 2 percent??? Opinions please....

nikkis23

Asked by nikkis23 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know what your state's issues are...but gov. shutdowns are never good. When the gov. almost shut down in april I couldn't work, and lost money because of it...so I hope for your state's military that they come to a compromise.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Thing is our governer isn't willing to compromise, he is saying either you up the taxes on the richest 2% or NOTHING.... I even got a letter in the mail the other day from the county letting me know that because of this (if it does happen which seems likely) my health insurance for my whole family will be cut off and I will have no way of getting ahold of anyone there because they will be laid off. I just found out last week that my son may have water on his brain... I am taking him to a neurologist tomorrow, and if he does, and the government does shut down on July 1st how am I supposed to get him the medical treatment he is going to need for that? The people who are loosing are the ones who can't afford the government to shutdown, the richest 2% have nothing to worry about either way, so how is this hold out showing them anything?
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I think its for the bigger picture, of course we all ( I Live in MN ) will be affected and I currently have to get surgery and my son has an appt friday for a consult at a sleep clinic and my husband has reoccurring skin cancer balls so I GET the frustration, I really do, however, sometimes we all need to make sacrafices for the bigger picture and better outcome of the middle class and not the 2% of the upper wealthy who get more breaks than they possible could even ever think to need or care about.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Trust me I think they should be taxed... but not at the expense of the people who really need the governments help, expecially right now when everyone is having so much of an issue finding jobs and things are so outragiously expensive...
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree that no matter what we will all suffer for this somehow! I am from MN and in great need of medical care right now for various reasons, I pray we will all get through this with the least amount of suffering to all of us! lol Good luck to you and your families.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 11:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I agree 100% and then some.. I think its an extreme method of getting peoples attention because you would be surprised how many people have ZERO idea of what is going on and what others are aloud to get away with while the most common middle/lower class fight to feed their children and the Upper think its because We CHOOSE not to be educated or CHOOSE not to get better schooling or we CHOOSE not to get better jobs, as if that is even in grasps of reality thought process or something.. I have in law families that are multimillionaires who think this way, who, as a perk for being the VP of a high known Company, gets FREE Health care coverage for life for him and his whole family, mind you he makes 10 million a year while I struggle makeing 34k a year and coverage i can't already afford, the reality they live in is different and sometimes I feel no one see's that because who would, in OUR livestyles ever think their lifestyles..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• could actually be a reality situation and nothng more than TV rich sitcoms.. we don't .. so we sit here, unknowing most of the time because we are working out 45 plus hours and sometimes second and third jobs unknowing what these richer upper class are even thinking and are, by all their means, more capable of taking care of and trying to keep what they hold precisous which is not having to pay what WE already are struggling with, because it is OUR choice to live like this.. I think its ridiculous and terrible because in the end, again, WE Will be the ones to suffer and take this toll but I think its more like a wake up call strategy than anything
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I hope this is resolved and you can get through this OK . I would have thought that emergency services like you mention could be sustained even if there is a general shut-down .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am a MINNESOTAN and I support Gov Dayton. I don't see how taxing the highest 2% is going to effect the rest of us in any way except a good way.And , just like the Federal Government's possible shutdown that didn't happen, OURs won't shut down either. I think there are some rumors going around that have been put out there by his enemies....and he has a few.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Rumors...???? If it was a rumor I would not be getting letters from the county stating that they are probably going to shut down and my insurance will be gone.. I think your living in a fantisy honestly
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2011