Period regulation after miscarriage?

Do periods commonly stay on track or change dates? I lost it on June 2nd and usually have a pd on the 17th. Nothing this month. I just don't want to get it out of the blue and don't know when to expect it now : /

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Health

• I miscarried in the middle of January and my doc told me not to expect a period for 6-8 weeks. Imagine my surprise when I found out I got pregnant 2 WEEKS after the miscarriage! I'm 21 weeks right now. I guess that doesn't answer your question other than to say my doc said 6-8 weeks. Good luck momma and sorry for your loss! ((hugs))
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• I miscarried on March 3 and didn't get a period til almost the end of April. Sometimes it takes the body a bit to get back to normal.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 11:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• It will all depend on how far along you were.  If you were close to term, your body is going to act like you had a baby it could take 6-8 weeks or even 3 months.  If it was early loss then it could still take 1-3 months.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2011