16 and Pregnant

I just watched this episode about Allie, it was terrible... Does anyone know a way to be able to write these girls or help them find some support??? I had my children at a young age and in a much better situation and it was still very hard, I can't imagine what she is going through! Answers and opinions please!

nikkis23

Asked by nikkis23 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• i think you could probably go on mtv website and find something on it there or google her.
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 11:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• that is so sweet and kind of you to want to do so, I am sure they do recieve "fan mail" of types but remember, they do get paid for these shows and hardships as well so what you see, although real struggles, is also a show for ratings and money.. so sad and harsh to say I know when it comes to such real life things but a couple of the first 16 and pregnant top hitters made over 100k already.. doesnt' mean by any sense they were or are or will be ready for parenting just because they have money however, i find it a way of glorifying a hard situatiuon, I was 29 when I had my son and nothing could have prepared me for parenthood and it had nothing to do with having him young or financial struggles so we all have, or most of us have a reality check sometime in our life and can always use support so I say go for it mama.. write them and tell them what you think :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Hey what about the other millions of teen mothers in the U.S.? These girls are on TV doing what every other typical teenage mom is doing. What make them so special? Not being rude, but if you made the bed, you have to lay in it. These girls need to start making more positve choices in their lives. You can't go around getting pregnant at a young age, go on TV to air your business, and then expect America to bail you out. There are thousands of teen moms on the streets as we speak. Here is my help, I'll give some positive advice to these girls. Practice safe sex, wrap it up. That way I can keep more of my tax money in my pocket. I'm not a cold-hearted person, but I'm tired of seeing these TV shows of young moms having a tough time in this world. Just wear a condom if you're going to have sex.....problem solved.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh yeah, take their airtime because it is being wasted, and give it to St Jude's Children hospital because they need the financial support right now.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know that there are hundreds of thousands of people in need and yes I realize that its a TV show and everything but sometimes when you see the reality of someones situation you have a undeniable desire to give them positive advice, support, and help. I am not saying I am going to send this girl money or anything (I don't have it anyway) but ANY girl who is going through what she is could use a little support and be able to see that there are good people out there who do care.... And its not like you have never made a mistake in your life, don't judge them...
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh and maybe you should remember also its not the girls that need to wrap it up, its those men who 90% of the time leave these girls and their babies. Nobody seems to like to put that out there at least most of these girls have taken care of there children... Maybe instead of dissing on them for a mistake we should look at these teen boys who are responsible for not wrapping it but leave the hard work up to the mothers....
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think helping girls learn abstinence would be better. It's funny how mothers are very quick to put their young girls on birth control "because they are going to do it anyway" instead of teaching them the word "no." No birth control is 100% effective and it can happen anyway. We think it's ok for kids to have sex as long as they are "protected" but it's not ok to get pregnant. It doesn't make sense. If your child only had a 1% chance of getting hit by a speeding bus, would you still risk pushing them out in front of it? If a child is going to do things anyway, why not buy them a pack of cigarettes and a 6 pack? There's no long term effects for just a couple cigarettes or beers if they don't continue, but herpes, AIDS, hepatitis and a baby are forever.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• That is very true attap, I think promoting abstinance is the best way. I think to some degree that is what this show is trying to do, with the web page they promote and showing how hard this is. You are 100% right though.
    nikkis23

Comment by nikkis23 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• What a tough topic. Abstinence is great, but our society does not push it anymore. Sex is everywhere and kids are doing it no matter what option you are trying to teach your children. Give them all the information and then let them choose. That is the only way they are going to be completely protected. They know if they are going to do it or not.

I had a friend in high school who had a baby at 15/16. She still blames her mother for not letting her get on birth control. She and her doctor asked for it and her mom said no, she is too young. Of course, she could have stopped having sex, but it is too late for that argument.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 4:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• contact the tv show
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2011