Disneyland with or without my 9 mth old baby?

My husband and I are planning on going to Disneyland this summer in June and my big conversation with everyone, my parents, co-workers, friends, nlaws ect. I am told to leave her behind with my parents. My guilt trip is that its Disneyland and how do i not take my child, but yet she is still an infant.Whats the good word ladies? Yes or No?

karminia

Asked by karminia at 11:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Um well I have to agree, it would be very little fun for you OR your child at 9 months old and if this is some place you really want to go, go without a 9 month old, if this is for a family trip, save the money til your child is 5, 6 which I hear is the best time to bring the kids
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2011

• Well.. my husband worked for Disney when my son was born so we were at the park monthly from the first month. BUT... there's not a lot you can do with an infant there unless parents are willing to do the rides separately. If you can't get in free like we did, I wouldn't take baby because you'll feel it's a wasted trip.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No! You are going to a spend the entire time doing nothing but pushing the stroller around the park. Use this time as a fun trip alone with your husband. Your daughter isnt going to remember the trip if you take her and she sure won't remember if you don't!

jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, it won't be fun for you or baby.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i wouldn't go to something like that without my kids
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• A nine month old isn't really going to get much out of going to Disney. And as another poster noted, you'd have to take turns riding the rides since someone will have to stay behind with the baby. That means if you both want to ride something, you'll spend twice as long waiting in lines!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• "That means if you both want to ride something, you'll spend twice as long waiting in lines! "

That part at least is incorrect. For the more popular rides, Disney has a "parental switch" policy. One parent rides while the other stays at the head of the line with child, then they switch. We've done that for Indiana Jones, which my eleven year old refuses to ride.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• When's the last time you had alone time with your DH? That should factor in. You LO will be spoiled rotten with your relatives. Take some time for just the two of you... lord knows when you'll have this opportunity again.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Oh girl, use this as a vacation and enjoy! I know it seems like fun, but I'm sure it would be so HOT. We right by Disney World and it's so tempting to take my DS and even at 13 months I'm still waiting till Christmas when he's 18 months (which is probably STILL too young) Have fun and enjoy your vacation!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• with the baby pls....
    H-Tina

Answer by H-Tina at 9:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011