Signals

My boyfriend of over a yr kinda sends me the wrong signals about having a baby. When my period is late he will tell me that I'm pregnant and i'll say please dont say that. Between the 2 of us we already have 6 kids and right now we can't afford another one. And when I say that he says " would it be so bad to have my baby?" Heck no it wouldn't I would love to have his baby. I mean I have names just in case it happens. And he will sometimes put his head on my stomach and talk to it like theirs a baby in there. And run it, and other times he'll pretend like I an and rie my shoes for me, or help me sit down. And I know he doesnt do it cuz I'm fat or anything cuz I'm 5ft 6in 115lbs. So my question is in his own little way is he telling me he wants to have a baby? Cuz when I ask him he kinda chuckles and says "no"?

mrs.smith2011

Asked by mrs.smith2011 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Either he does or he is being a smart ass by mocking you because he thinks you want one. IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• He knows I dont want one right now. I'm on a10 yr IUD if I wanted one I would have it removed and he knows that
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Eh, how many of those kids are his? Maybe he's just used to his significant other being pregnant a lot lol. If my Dh started talking to my belly when I wasn't pregnant... I'd tell him to either talk to me or go talk to one of his talking breathing children! Sounds like he's got his head in the clouds and isn't being very responsible to me.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 6:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• 3 are his and 3 are mine. We have none together
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• How old is he? I'm sorry but it reminds me of this guy I was seeing when I was 16. He was 17 and I was late. I told him I was a week late and felt like we were making a huge mistake. Well I took a neg test at 9 days late and got my pd the next morning. I was so relieved! He was disappointed. Told me he "wanted to be a daddy so bad." WTF? He started singing that song from Look Who's Talking. "Having my baby, what a wonderful way of showing me that you love me..." It was very immature and I broke it off. Well we did end up dating again and he asked me to marry him when I was 18. We got married when i was almost 20 and I had our baby 13 months later. Thank goodness that he grew up! He is an amazing father but STILL wants more kids. After 11 yrs he is still waiting for another one! Just an example. I think your man DOES have his head in the clouds and needs a reality check with the 3 he already has! Men are weird!
    Anonymous

• He is an awesome dad and man. He takes care of his kids he works every singke day and picks up weekends if he can. Hes just a goof ball. And I knorr hes trying to make me laugh when he does these things. So maybe subconsciously he wants to have one cuz when I ask him and hes being serious he says no.
    mrs.smith2011

Comment by mrs.smith2011 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I'd say he does. My hubby has baby fever way more than any man I'd ever seen. When a relative asks if it's time for another one he tells them he's ready so they better ask me. lol. My cousin said once that she thought it was funny and that she never seen a man more up for it than the woman. Our boy is almost 6. He's been asking me for another for about 3 yrs. I went to school for 2 yrs and his first reaction was kind of pissy because he wanted another baby and knew it would put it off. I think it's cute but it really has to be something you both decide on together. He joked once when I put beef jerky and icecream on the grocery list. lol. I knew where he was going with it when he said "You know, the last time you wanted that stuff..." Well it turned out that I was but I lost it the beginning of June. ~sigh~ He has been so patiently waiting on me and I love him for it. This Monday will be 7 yrs married.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2011