Why is my dishwasher making my dishes gritty?

I wash a load of dishes, and the cups especially, are left with grit on the tops and insides. I know we have granite dust in our water. But there isn't so much of it that it should leave grit on everything! One time I cleaned out the bottom of the DW but there wasn't anything there to clean out, and it was still leaving everything gritty. I don't want to wash dishes for my family of 5 (sometimes 6) by hand! Help?

dixie383

Asked by dixie383 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I was having the same issue. So I bought this product from lowe's that cleans the lime and gunk out of the drain lines. Its a one bottle thing that you run all by itself on the pots and pans cycle. It really improved my wash cycles! Im going to use it once every few months. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Do you remember what it's called? If not, I will try to find it anyway, I just thought I would ask. It would make looking for it a lot easier! :) Thanks!
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• call the manufacturer of the dishwasher, we had the same problem. It wasn't draining properly. Ended up buying a new one with a built in garbage disposal.
    CarrieR62

Answer by CarrieR62 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Sorry dixie! I don't get on CM very often anymore :-) I believe it is called Dishwasher Magic and you can find it in any store. GL!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Thanks. :)
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2011