How do i get my granddaughter to go to the potty?

She is 3 year's old almost 4. My daughter and me have been working to get my granddaughter . She know what to do' because i got her to tell me how to use the bathroom. She told me everything i needed to do. and she was right all the way right. But for some reason she just won't go. She rather just to wet herself and to poop on her self.
We have to get her trained before she goes back to school. She has already gone threw preschool, and now she will be going back to preschool the coming year. She does have a problem with talking. But she is getting better at that. Please if anybody can give me any idea's i would be very thankful.

Thanks: Debbie Bennett

debbie5118

Asked by debbie5118 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I used a reward system with candy to potty train my little girl. She got 1 candy for peeing in the potty and 3 candies for poop. She knew how and when to go potty but refused for a while, and then one day she decided to be potty trained and didn't even wet her diaper at night. A friend of mine used a trip to chuck e cheese to get her daughter potty trained. Good luck to you!
    Animalisa

Answer by Animalisa at 12:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My second daughter was exactly like your granddaughter. We tried everything! But finally the thing that worked for her was a sticker chart we made. We taped it on the bathroom door and she would get to put a sticker in the little box after she went. She loved it!
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011