Postpartum hair loss?

my daughter is going to be a year old on september 1st and im still experiencing postpartum hair loss BAD, is it normal to stil be expierencing that? anyone have any tips to help me with this?

young_mommy0102

Asked by young_mommy0102 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes! I have had clients suffer from postpartum alopecia for as long as 22 months! Make sure you are eating well and taking vitamins. Don't use store brand shampoos. They contain wax and parrabens that can hinder healthy regrowth. Try Paul Mitchell lemon sage thickening shampoo and conditioner. Its affordable. Make sure you massage your scalp as well. If it hits two years, get checked for PCOS, I lost my hair over that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Hypothyroidism can also cause hair loss. In general though, PP hair loss can last for months.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 4:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My DD just turned a year this month and I am still dealing with pp hair loss but just to be on the safe side I am going in to get some blood-work done
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• would taking prenatal vitamins help???
    young_mommy0102

Comment by young_mommy0102 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2011