How to get Food coloring off my three year old???

I had this bright ( well it wasnt that bright lol) To make our own play dough. Well we were adding the colors and the one tube had a hole in the other side so when my son went to drop some in it went out the other end and all over him!! So i tried soap and warm water... That made it worse!!! Now his legs are a blue!! Does anyone know how to get it off of him!! I am willing to try anything!!!

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• forgot to add, my 6 yr old ended up with blue dye in his hair and i used that clarifying shampoo to get that out, took about 4 latherings though. gotta love food dye lol
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• try rubbing alcohol, or spic n span the orange one, i know that will take roofing tar off kids without damage to the skin lol...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• you have to just suck it up and it will eventually come off. take him to the pool or just give people at the store/day care something to laugh about when they see him. lol
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 12:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lol. Yeah that is what i thought! He looks like the kid from that big fat liar movie...His legs and his arms...
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• haha thats funny, today i made rainbow cup cakes and used food dye to color white cake batter and i ended up with multi-colored hands. i used rubbing alcohol to get off the dye
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lol. It is as bed as those color bubbles. When you blow them they are blue green ect they are so thick that when you go and blow a bubble it drips and it is all over you!!! But thank god that it was washer able!!!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You can try find (but easier to order online) Uncolor, which is a dye remover used by professional hair salons. It should be around $10. Be careful not to get any in the eyes, nose, mouth though. Sometimes baby oil helps lessen the dye but wont get rid of it.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Whatever you can do to lessen the color right now will probably irritate his skin. I'd just wait it out. In a week, it should all be gone.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011