Anyone had their child at a sleep clinic, try # 2 since first time I literally had no responses lol!!

My son has had sleep issues since birth, colic, lack of self soothing skills, restlessness, joint/growing pains, constant wake up's, night mares and 2 bouts of terrors- FINALLY 3-1/2, still waking anywhere from 1 to 5 times a night and sleeps maybe 4 times a month all night long, i finally was not only able to talk Dad in to getting this done but my appt from the end of July has been moved up to this friday!!!!! SO excited and hopeful, even though this is only a consult, I think I see light at the end of the tunnel
anyway- anyone had to do this for their child? could you give me personal experiences on how it went and what they tried? I've tried every sleep method, book, routine then to melatonin ( which made him nuts) to now natural sleep aide, which helps him actually fall asleep but not all night or better quality.. I have done dietary changes to the best of my control eliminating HFCS and Dyes which has helped his behavior but never quality of sleep, or not yet that is.. any advice or tips?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• you mean a sleep study-----my son was referred to a sleep specialist who saw reason to do a sleep study , we did one , we went to a hotel close to the childrens hospital , the room had cieling video camera and audio , we stayed overnight , my son had many soft wires connected to his body , i took his favorite blanket and seal stuffed animal for comfort for him , strangely enuf he slept all night thru but had alot of leg movements , no sleep apnea or anything else , it went fine , my son was uncomfortable with all the wires and alittle scared so i slept in same bed with him-- they said that was fine , and thats why he slept so good i think.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• you've done everything i would do, so i got nothin cept to say good luck mama and hope the consult leads to an actual sleep study..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011