Just to be honest

when i got married i was trully happy to start my new life with my loving husband, so four years past now, one year old and second on the way i have made that call to my x-boyfriend who tald me that he is still single and looking. I had a greate talk with him and wandering if i love my husband y do i decided to call this guy. Am i feeling longly or borred with my life?

remedy373

Asked by remedy373 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• You may just be bored and wanted someone talk to? Are you lonely? Let your husband know what's on your mind, let him know that you need his attention, don't crave it from another man. A marriage is worth fighting for. Its not always easy you're gonna hit bumps from the time to time.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 12:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It sounds like you kind of miss your ex and maybe even want to see if your missing something. Remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side so think about what your gettng yourself into. Put yourself in your hubby shoes f he was to find out.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 12:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Your just feeling a little restless, but talking to your ex is not cool. You need to sit down with hubby and be honest with him about what you did and also you shouldn't hurt your husband because your feeling board or lonely . You both could maybe try to spice things up a little. It's what you make it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You need to explain to your husband what you want from him! What you need him to do. Tell him your loney or bored or even unhappy! Dont go to another guy for it! Talk to your husband he may feel the same way and may be you guys can fix it!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• maybe you just needed some closure? But I wouldnt let that kind of stuff happen again, nothing good will come from it
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Agree that you probably needed closure but very important not to confuse closure with missing someone or loving them. Remember ! There's a reason why he's still single and why you and he didn't work out. I wouldn't maintain any contact with the ex as it will probably make things more complicated between you and your husband. Don't invite drama when you can keep it out. The ex missed his chance with you and the one that you married deserves your full attention. Maybe plan a weekend trip away with just the husband or with your whole family. Remind yourself of what attracted you to your husband in the first place. Feed the relationship, not the baggage or the past.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with hellokittykat..there is a reason you arent with your ex you may have just forgotten due to loneliness or boredom. Dont let this affect your marriage put it behind you and move forward with your hubby and family GL!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I still talk to my last ex...I'm married. My ex was a cool guy and we have a decent friendship, the reason we broke up was because, we were better off friends than bf/gf. Hes moving to texas soon and says I would probably die there because its hot and humid. Hes a good guy.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You've made a committment to your husband and your children. That committment should be stronger than fleeting desires and selfish emotional distractions. Imagine how you would feel if your husband had just "decided" to call an ex-girlfriend!

Staying married is hard work. It takes self-sacrifice, determination and open communication between the spouses. You aren"t always going to "feel" like doing that, but that doesn't make the committment go away. Working on building your relationship with your husband, especially when you "feel" like doing something like calling your ex, will benefit you and your family immeasurably in the future. Doing selfish acts like messing around with your ex will lead no where but heart ache and visitation schedules.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• exes are exes for a reason... try to remember why. Then remember why you married your husband and fight for that
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011