My son is a piece of work.

So i have been trying to get him to go to sleep on his own. So today he keep getting out and I keep putting him back in. So after an half hour he didnt come out so finally an hour pasted and my son is sleeping on his floor. Made a bed. With his stuff animals around him! It was so cute!! So i am leaving him there till i have to get him up to go potty!

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 3 and half year old never sleeps in her bed its almost always on the floor in the middle of all her baby dolls. if the floor is more comfortable for her then so be it, just as long she is in her room. when i got the boys' new beds she wanted a big girl bed also so she has a twin sized bed. she is getting better at staying in her bed though. my boys slept on the floor instead of the bed until they were 4.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Lol awwww that has to be the cutest story I've heard in a long time
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 1:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• thats funny. my co sleeping BF is attempting this in August.. I need all the tips for her I can.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Awww how cute! Soon my daughter will be getting her own bed and im not looking toward to it because she is going to be very stubborn
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Thanks! =) He just look so peaceful and happy! I couldnt dare see my self move him yet!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Haha! Well i will listen to him cry mommy mommy My bed scared me....Or mommy i forgot to wash my hands...Mommy i forgot to go potty... You cant GIVE in!!! No matter how much crying and screaming. My son says tho things to get me in there. The other thing I let him get out of bed is to go potty! But is he ask more than once it is a trick! It sucks. But last night it took two hours. Tonight maybe an hour. So it works. Do what you normally do...Shower story bed. tuck him in tell him you love him and you are right in the other room. If he gets out dont say a work. Pick him up and put him back in bed. Tuck him in. Walk out! . You already said good night and I love you. Who ever is in the house need to do the same thing. I will put him in and my dad will talk to him so he knows to go to pop pop now. So that makes it is a little harder on me. Also dont do it one night and than lay with them the next. Good luck! It is a lot of work
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• So he is! It will be worth it!! When he finally goes to bed with out any crying We will make it something special!
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Makes you just want to cuddle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2011