Can someone please help?

I took my 4month old to the doctor today. I learned that her head circumfrence had grown. In most cases thats good, but not mine. Her head grew 4 cm in two months. Which is considered too rapidly and a warning sign. The possible outcomes are very scary as well as endless. Have any of you dealt with this before? Im trying so hard to stay strong while exploding inside.

faithfirst5

Asked by faithfirst5 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not familiar...will keep you in my prayers. what did Dr say?
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• hugs

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, I never heard of this. What is the doctor saying? I hope all goes well for you.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Benign familial macrocephaly (family tendency toward large head size)
    is the most common reason for an increase of head circumference and is nothing to worry about. I am sure your doctor is emotionally preparing you for other options.

My best thoughts are with you :)
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know you've already heard this a million times but girl relax and be strong. You HAVE to because your baby needs you right now, she needs you to be stronger than ever because you are SUPER MOM and you have the ability to make a scary situation not so scary for her. Children can sense when their parents are uneasy and upset about things and this negative energy is absorbed by them. I know this from experience, I do not have any children but I have so many children in my family and I see what emotions can really do to a childs development. Be strong girl, get all the info you can about this condition DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! And ask those questions, never be affraid and also I strongly suggest you get a second, and third professional oppinion on this one. I am praying for you and your daughter, God is watching over you two, and just remember that it only takes the faith as big as a a mustard seed to sprout a blessing!!!!
    jermeka699

Answer by jermeka699 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Many difficulties that could be causing this are well-handled by modern medical science. If the baby has too much fluid, a shunt can be put in that will drain it harmlessly--problem solved. Try to relax and continue to get appropriate medical tests and a second opinion if you need one to make certain of what is happening and how to best deal with it. You will make it through this fine. Try to relax.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sorry I can't offer any helpful advice. You will be in my prayers.keep us updated.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 2:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• please help with what?
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• GrammytoTrin is absolutely right. IF the increase in head circumference is caused by extra fluid (hydrocephalus), it is easily remedied. Scary for you for sure, but it is not uncommon.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 10:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• try to talk to doctor and ask him if the soft spot in your baby head is close you can feel it too if he said yes then you should be worry and he need to refer you to an specialist on the case.and if he said no is nothing wrong until then don't think you should worry...is going to be fine I'll keep you on my prayers.. keep us posted.
    H-Tina

Answer by H-Tina at 9:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2011