Husband has had a vasectomy and my period is late o_O adult content

I have had the baby bug for the past month. i have 3 daughters and I have really been bummed because i want a son, but my husband has had a vasectomy and really doesnt want anymore kids. Well my period is 4 days late. It is never late. As a matter of fact I always spot like 3 days before my regular flow. I havent had a single spot. I just did it with my husband to see if it would produce a "spot" still nothing. Part of me wants to drive to walmart and get a test. I'll be patient and wait until tomorrow. Do you know anyone who has gotten pregnant after a vasectomy?

alboston

Asked by alboston at 1:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes :) its always possible hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I just finished an episode of "I didn't know I was pregnant" on TV where the Mom of 5 had another baby after Daddy had a vasectomy. Vasectomies can and do fail. Don't panic. Get a test and if it is negative wait a week and take another one. Go see your OB/GYN. And if your husband is a creep about it, get a DNA test after the baby is born to put any doubts he might have to rest.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 1:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know a lady who has had it happen TWICE! Her hubby had a vasectomy she ended up pregnant the next year. It lead to a split until he got his DNA test *Rolls eyes*.... Anyway her DH had it done a second time... She got pregnant AGAIN.... With twin girls... LOL Now if that isn't a sign I don't know what is.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• After reading the previous post maybe you do need to get a pregnancy test.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• im about to NOW!
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Ah! I never knew vasectomies could fail!!!

I honestly thought it was all juice, no seeds!
    Good thing my ex never got me pregnant. o boy that would have been bad.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 1:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• LOL AT ALL JUICE NO SEEDS..LOL I JUST TOOK THE TEST. NOT PREGGO
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Aw, well, at least you know. Thanks for keeping us posted!
    To answer your original question, I had a couple that I had to inform they were pregnant, where BOTH of them had been sterilized! Let's just say they were shocked!! Nothing is foolproof, but of course, definitely don't count on it. If you already have 3 daughters, there's a really good chance any other babies would be girls, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2011