Potty training 2 year old: Summer activity or wait?

I've already had 3 kids with success after training/learning at 3 years and change...and my little one is 2. We've been having successes and regression and now I've got four kids at home. I'm trying to figure out if I need to wait it out and start when school starts or if I should just continue working with my little one.

I'll have 3 kids in school from 8:45-3p 5 days a week when school starts in September. I would like this one trained, but the pattern has been after 3 years they've finally mastered it so debating...to wait when the rest are in school and fully focus on his potty then OR to continue working with him and maybe get his siblings involved while they're home over the summer. Right now, no summer activities other than family outings or slip n slide so we'll all be near the toilet to get him if he needs it. Not like I'm pushing my kids to help him use the potty, but maybe if there were more people to encourage him (peer pressure) he'd get it sooner. I dunno lol.

Thoughts: Continue through summer with potty training or take a break for the summer and focus one on one when the school year starts back up?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 1:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am potty training my youngest this summer. She seems to be more willing to try because she sees her siblings doing it.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• If he is getting it why stop for a few months. I would keep working with it!
    ljmommy1211

Answer by ljmommy1211 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Keep it going! I'm training my 2-year-old daughter this summer, and she's doing sooo good so far. Getting siblings enlisted to help encourage your little one sounds great! I wish I could do that. My four year old still wont poop on the potty, I dont know what's up with him. But yeah, don't stop now, momma. Once you start, if you stop then re-start, it's harder to teach them. I know from experience with my 4 year old. good luck!
    marknsarahsmom

Answer by marknsarahsmom at 12:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011