Can anyone explain this?

If I went into the doctors on November 28th and was almost 5 weeks pregnant is there anyway that my ex could be the father of my baby (We had sex on November 15th) the timing just doesn't seem right? and I had no period in October it was due the 28th...? So confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well then it is who ever you had sex with in the second week of october.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 3:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Get a DNA test when the baby is born and it will confirm the paternity.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 3:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• 5 weeks pregnant usually means you ovulated and got pregnant three weeks before. The extra 2 weeks is the two weeks from your last period til when you ovulate. So I would say its whom ever you slept with from the 1st -8th of November. But that makes no sense with your period so the ultrasound might be off, or the baby is measuring small and you are even further along which would be the middle of October then. But the November 13th guy is definetly out of the question. I would still test to find out for sure, some tests can even been done before the baby is born if you need help to get on his health insurance or something. But I tthink it is normally done through an amnio and those are dangerous and have a risk of miscarraige. Good luck, and a happy and healthy next 8 months to you.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• is he the only one you had sex with?
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would say it is who you had sex with around the 17th-24th of October. I definitely dont think it would be who you had sex with on Nov 15th because I believe you were pregnant before then. But I would let whoever you had sex with know that your are pregnant & not sure about the father, so that there are no surprises. And would wait until after the baby is born to have paternity test done because there are risks in having it done during pregnancy. Good luck to you!
    SLG627

Answer by SLG627 at 5:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2008