Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about signing a birth certificate

Alright this is a really long drawn-out story that I'm going to really water down. Unfortunately my 'Sperm Donor' married and illegal immigrant. He really loved her, but she just wanted citizenship. When he married her she already had 6 kids. All under the age of 10! Well she claims he hit her, put him in jail. Filed for divorce, THEN said he owed her child support cause she was pregnant. My 2 brothers and I know it's her boyfriends baby, and so does my 'Sperm donor', but he wants her back. She had her boyfriend attack my brother, steal his car, and to top it all off my eldest brothers home was set on fire... There is no proof who did it, but I'm pretty sure who made it happen. Anywho... She promised my 'Sperm Donor' she would get back with him if he signed the birth cert and helped her raise "HIS" baby. Wanting her back so much he agreed to it like an IDIOT! As usual she didn't follow through and left him but filed for child support. ugh! This is NOT his child. I am his youngest child and I'm 23. He hasn't been able to make babies since 1988. My question is, if he gets a DNA test proving he isn't that kids father can his name be taken off the birth cert., and the child support stopped? Enough is enough. He has already lost his REAL children (my 2 brothers and I) for this woman. She has hurt my brothers. Cussed me out for no reason, and told my Dad he wasn't to be around me without her there...? uuuh WTF? I am HIS child... his youngest AND his only daughter. I'm gathering my information, and biding my time. My brothers and I are going to tell him it's either us or her, but we need to know everything we can first. He thinks we just don't like her. She denies any involvment in the car jacking or the house fire. Oh BTW my 3 baby nephews were in that house! I am beyond pissed! and I will NOT have that dip shit woman saying that bastard child is my sibling.... I'm really not mad at the kid ... I'm mad at the situation and the more money she leaches out of my 'sperm donor' the more I want to ring her neck! I'm in California if you needed to know

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

Answers (3)
  • I'd say he needs to check with the paternity laws of the state. Basically, the law in Kansas is that if "its caught in your trap, its yours", to use the vernacular.

    Answer by foustgirl at 3:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • hate to say it, but if he signed the BC its his kid now.. even if he can prove its not his there's no garentee a court will remove him from it.. he can fight the child support by requesting a DNA test through the state but there's no garentee.. I know a guy who signed believing it was his child and was later proven it wasnt his, kids almost grown and he still pays child support because he signed the birth certificate..

    Answer by girlglow6 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

  • Not in Michigan. The husband is on the birth certificate until he fights it. Which means he pays for a DNA test for himself and the real father. Then he has to fight it in court and may not win. I know someone who went through it. $15,000 in legal fees and still didn't get his name removed from the birth certificate. To this day, he still pays child support on the kid. And it was very clear the child wasn't his. He is white, the mom is white, and the child is mexican. So it really depends on the laws in your state. I would talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by marybeth927 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
Water theme....

Next question overall (Preschoolers (3-4))