Do you ladies dye your hair?

jenni_j

Asked by jenni_j at 1:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• been coloring my hair since I was 17 or 18 and all through both pregancies too...my kids are fine :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Look around you. How much grey hair do you see on women?? Every woman in America (practically) starts to dye her hair as soon as those grey ones start to show up.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 2:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Grammy, I hate to tell you, but I know many many women who have gray hair. I wouldn't even go so far as to say practically every women, maybe most in your area, but not practically every woman in america.

As for me, I randomly dye a piece of it here and there in different colors, just for the fun of it.
    Uhura

Answer by Uhura at 2:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i meant when you are pregnant. lol
    jenni_j

Comment by jenni_j (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I got highlights while I was pregnant. My Midwife, the 1-800 nurse hotline, and my beautician said it was alright as long as I was in a well venthilated room.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• during my pregnancy i found out what my natural hair color was, it was the first time in 10+ years that i wasn't dying my hair. it was nice and all that but i since returned to my crazy ways, just lightened it twice, and looking to go even light as soon as i find the right color. as far as safety during pregnancy, i've read that it can be done. personally i might take a little break, you know because chemicals are bad for your body and bad for your baby.
    didra

Answer by didra at 2:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• nop i dont !! and never did .. hate chemicals
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 2:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• thanks didra! i havent dyed my hair in forever though, and I want to now just to feel better about myself. Maybe I should wait til after the baby.
    jenni_j

Comment by jenni_j (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• As long as I have a hair dresser or there's a box of Clairol on the shelf - No gray, no way!
    foustgirl

Answer by foustgirl at 2:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I didn't while I was pregnant, but that's because I don't color it when not pregnant either. Now that a bit of silver has begun to show, I've decided that I rather enjoy my "cinnamon and sugar" color.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011