i cant get my butter frosting to thicken, what can I do

I made a butter frosting with coffee flavor instead of cocoa it usually turns out fantastic. this one will not thicken, this was after I made a whip cream mocha frosting which according to the recipe i needed to heat the Heavy Whipping cream and let the coffee steep to flavor, I need help quick

debs61

Asked by debs61 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Maybe add some powdered sugar? Or cornstarch?
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would say powdered sugar too
    icook

Answer by icook at 4:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Have you tried flour w/ maybey some powdered or regular sugar? Please do keep in mind that this is coming from a person who made fried chicken out of powdered sugar and bone in chicken, and oil. Found out from the Hubby not a good mix. From now on I have labeled my canisters ! ! !
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• powdered sugar and maybe a little flour.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It sounds like you tried to whip it after heating? Whipping cream won't whip well unless it is very cold. You can try chilling it and then re-whipping. Or you can add chocolate and make it like a ganache. Or you can add powdered sugar, which will make it sweeter. Powdered sugar has starch in it as well as sugar.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008