How long did it take for your stomach to go down?

How long after having your baby did it take for your stomach to go back to semi-normal/normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• When I left the hospital it was back down but i'm not as skinny as I use to be and it's been 5 months. Every person is different though.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Everyone is different. Some people never get rid of their baby pooch, and others have flat tummies within two weeks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I was back in my regular size clothes in a few weeks.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• same as mom108 in a couple of weeks it was all gone..
    I THANK GOD!!!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• dont be upset about the stomach, you have a beautiful gift,, sometimes it takes more time I have 3 daughters and I think the nursing helped alot. When your body starts moving back it will all work out. Make sure your eating healthy
    debs61

Answer by debs61 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• It took me a few months to not be as "poofy" but I still have a little extra weight and my son is almost two but I also have not been diligent about exercising. Don't worry it will shrink back down to almost normal without even losing any actual fat and then just exercise when and how you are comfortable. (after the doc says it's ok of course.)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• mine went down the day he was born i lost 50 lbs i wore a size 20 before i got pregnant when i left the hospital i was in a size 16 but i did lose 30 in the 1st sixmonths due to being sick then ended up gaining 40 the last 3 weeks do to me having water retintion when i left the hospital i was 50 lbs lighter
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• With my daughter I was down within a few weeks. With my son it seemed it took longer because I had a c-section. It's been 2 years and my lower stomach is still not flat. That's the price you pay for your babies :)
    bdeluna

Answer by bdeluna at 4:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• My son is 6 months now and I still have about 10 lbs. to loss before I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. My stomach isn't as flat as it used to be, but I can fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I need to do more situps but I'm just too darn tired at the end of the day!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2008