5 month old waking twice in the night

hello, I have a 5 month old girl. she goes to bed at 7 and wakes up and 1230 and them again in three hours. She eats both time,formula. We tried to let her cry, but we are not cut out for that. How can I get her to sleep longer?

My pedi says if she is hungry, we should feed her? she sleep well during the day, two long naps for over one hour.

Any suggestions? we start solids next month.

thanks very much

lamping

Asked by lamping at 6:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hi sweety,I'm a mother of 4.they range in age from 19,15,14,and my 11 year old.they're 3 boys and 1 poor girl,lol!anyway from having four kids with the exception of my 19 yr.old i would've loved it if my kids slept thru the night at 5 months.i agree with your pediatrician if the baby is hungry feed him/her.waking twice in the night is a normal thing at 5 months.they're still getting used to schedules and feedings and eventually solids.my guess as a mother is once you start introducing solids along with the formula i believe your baby will start evening out and getting on a tighter more efficient night schedule.if the baby is at 5 months why not start introducing solids right now?each of my children started solids at the ripe ol' age of 31/2-4 months and they started sleeping thru the night.if none of that works try and putting the baby to bed at a later time also worked with my daughter.good luck hon!

elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 7:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Only two wakeups? FABULOUS. I'd expect three times as many.

yes, feed when baby wakes. They wake for a reason.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• oh ok my 3 month old only wakes up once or twice
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have a 6 month old, and shes still waking up 2-3 sometimes 4 times a night!!! And she wants to eat almost every time! She is on solids (cerel and jar food) I have tried giving her a bowl of oatmeal right before i lay her down and she sleeps well, but there are still many times even that doesnt work. My baby is teething and also has problems with acid relux and so i think that probably has something to do with it too, or your baby could just want her mama still at night =) Your baby is fine and in time she will sleep through the night for ya, we just gotta be patient =)
    stepmom2B29

Answer by stepmom2B29 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• that is ok usually baby wake up cuz he/she is hungry...how much formula are u feeding her?
    H-Tina

Answer by H-Tina at 9:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Two.... I have a 7 month old that wakes up AT LEAST 5 times a night... You're lucky... What I'd do for that.. lol
    mamanature

Answer by mamanature at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2011