Ubuntu CE

This an OS dedicated to Christian Families (Full of filters) Have you installed on your computer yet?

I'm planning to install it but I was wondering if anyone can give any input about it before the installation. Thank you.

Cafemomoftwo217

Asked by Cafemomoftwo217 at 6:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unless you're familiar with open source, and capable of debugging and troubleshooting, I wouldn't touch it. Wait at least for the 3rd update, it is still extremely beta, which means there are a lot of bugs.

There are sooooo many filter options with firefox, I don't see how it would even be necessary.

If you're interested in open source and are not already using it, Linux Mint is much more user friendly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would not install anything thing that filters to that degree- there are good filters available through Google, Firefox, IE and Safari- remember, nothing replaces your watchful eye and teaching your children what to do if objectionable material comes up (tell an adult so they can block the site) We have Safe Google on our computers at school K-6 and in 5 years have never had an issue-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's very buggy still. My sister had the computer wiped and had it installed. It crashed without any way to recover it in six months. I would not do it. If you have a computer you can afford to lose, why not.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011