Am I being too over protected? Repost

I believe the text below was misunderstood. When I said messy, I meant starting confusion, arguing and talking foul. As for the friends older sister boyfriend, he's always playing around with my daugther and her friend(such as tickling them)....

My 13yr old has a best friend for the fisrt time, in a very long time. My daugther is very shy, so the friendship she has with the other lil girl mean the world to her, but I have issues with the parents of her friend. I have tried to be understanding, but it's not working. my daugther is confuse as to why I won't let you sleep over at her friend house. the reason being the friend parents are really messing people and they have a olderdaugther whos boyfriend is alway hanging around (it's almost like he lives there). Am I being too over protected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• You have rights to be worried especially if you don't know the other parents that well. They may not care if boys stay over and may not really have rules. Allow that girl to come to your house for now until you really get to know the parents..Even then you still may not want her over there. I think your just being a normal mom.
    Anonymous

• From my own past experience with friends older siblings and their friends/boyfriends I dont' think you are. Tell her that her friend is always welcome at your home but you don't want her staying there.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would be nervous too... especially since older teenage boys tend to NOT be interested in giggly, clingly younger girls. I would not like him tickling and touching my little girl.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:29 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• i dont think you could be to over protective because i was molested and raped at 11 yrs old by my best friends dad
    and at 14 by my own cousin
    so watch your baby girl..... i mean i just never want another little girl to have to go threw the things that i did
    nikkik2008

Answer by nikkik2008 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2008