Will apple cider make you constipated?

I drank a ton of it cause i heard it will help you go to the bathroom and i tried the medicine but i through up because i new there was something in my drink even though i couldnt taste it. and i gave some to my son too because he is extreemly constipated. HELP PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Health

• Apple cider will help you go to the bathroom, too much of it can give you the runs. Did you try giving your son a suppository? Whne my son was younger that helped him alot. Also, did you try prune juice? Cause that is way more effective. But just becareful you don't do to many juices or medicines at once cause it will give him the runs. You didn't say how old your son was so this is the best I can do. Good luck!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• my son is four, he doesnt like prune juice. he is really backed up to the point if it goes on for another month or so he will be in the hospital i am following the dr rules and doing it on my own. i want him to have the runs trust me you would to. he doesnt know how to really go on his own with out his body forcing him to go. what is the best possible way to have him have the runs with out putting him in the hospital and them doing it? the dr said not to do a suppository so i didnt and he wont even touch prune juice either.
    Anonymous

• Hmm you could try making eat lots of bananas, apples, carrot juice and I know kids don't like carrot juice but Juicy Juice makes this new juice called Harvest Surprise or something like that and it has a lot of veggie juice in it, but tastes like fruit juice. Also, lots of fluids is important and anything high in fiber will help. They have these yogurts out that have lots of extra fiber. Have you given him a stool softner? Cause it maybe too painful to go at this point. I don't know this is all I can think of. Did you google constipation? You might find some really good natural remedies.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008