Am i obsessed with my baby and is it okay!?

Ive been told now by more than one person (actually about all of my husbands famliy) that i am obsessed with my baby. I want to be with her every minute of everyday, and i dont want to let anyone else have her. I work full time and my husband is a part time stay at home dad, the other half of the time my baby is at my husbands grandparents or his parents house and they watch her. SO its not like they NEVER get to see her and spend time with her and such, but then when im around i dont like to give her up, i like to be the one holding her, especially when shes crying or fussy. I want to be the one who feeds her, i want to be with her every single moment i can, i just stare at her in awwww and am amazed at everything about her. Shes my dream come true! However, ive been having a horrible time with his family becuase they think im obsessed with her cause i dont want to give her up to them, well i work 40-45 hours a week, i get to see my little angel about what 5 hours a night if that!!! And then im supposed to want to just give her up to everyone, sorry but i dont.... Even my husband now is saying im obsessed with her, and i also have a 6 year old step daughter, and he claims i have NEVER ever treated her like i treat my baby, well im sorry but my baby feels wayyyy diffrent to me, i made her i carried her and i had her! ITS DIFFRENT! Please everyone tell me im not crazy and tell me its okay to be obsessed with my baby! I just wish everyone would back off and let me be a mommy to my little princess with out critizining everything i do!

stepmom2B29

Asked by stepmom2B29 at 8:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you know hon...in my little ol' opinion i have to agree with you.I'm a mother of 4 children ages ranging from 19,15,14 and 11.3 boys and 1 poor girl.lol!anyway from the sound of it they're the greedy ones.your husband is a part-timer and gets to see her more.your husbands family obviously sees her more.your not only a full-time worker but her mother!it's obvious you don't have all the time in the world to spend with your daughter like you'd love to.i believe their being the "obsessed" ones complaining that you hog her!how dare they in my opinion.don't feel bad hon,you take as much time as you please with your precious one!each time&day counts to me.as for your step-child.i do understand where your coming from.i don't doubt that you love her but it's a different story when it's your own child.i believe your DH family needs to back off.in all you are the mother and have the final say!they need to keep their mouths shut!g.luck
    elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You are the mom! It's your JOB to be 'obsessed' with your child. I would be concerned if you weren't!! :0) They are crazy-not you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Moms are suppose to feel the way You feel about there children. That is the most important & special part of beening the mom. I have 4 (ages 15, 9, 7 & 5 ) & I still feel the way you do. So dont let them get to you, just smile while letting there negitivity go in one ear & right out the other. They may THINK your obsessed with your lil one, but YOU KNOW that your being the best mom you can be for her and really in the end, its her opinion of you that really matters. Just keep being the great mom you are & one day she will thank you for being so.....obsessed.
    ¢:•}
    Destiny839

Answer by Destiny839 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I am a SAHM and I still enjoy being with my kids (except when we've had a bad day). My son is 4 1/2 and the only time he has ever been away from me was when I was giving birth and when I was hospitalized with kidney stones! Enjoy the time with your baby and tell them to shove it!!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You're normal.

Remember that "in-law" is a suffix meaning "to be ignored."

Answer by gdiamante at 10:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Well I'm in the same boat! I am obsessed with my son too and ain't nobody gonna change that! He is my WORLD. I have become a totally different person since having my son and he was/is the BEST gift in the whole wide world.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I didn't catch how old your baby is, but I actually would say I did all of that as well. I work full time and go to school parttime and I found myself not wanting anybody else to hold my son, especially at a very young age, us mothers have a special bond that nobody but mothers themselves can understand. I would just say to ignore it and enjoy every last minute with your baby.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Obsess away!! You are the mama and the time you spend with your baby is precious :) Enjoy it!
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• You're away from her most of the day- I have a tendency to hog my kids when I'm home too. 40 hours a week away is a lot when they go to bed so early, and it seems like there's a hundred things to do when you're home. His family's the greedy ones :/ Ignore them, spend time with your baby whenever you want.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Just remind them that you don't get alot of time with her during the day, so you like to take advantage of the time you DO have with her. Totally normal by the way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2011