What did your parents do to embarrass you growing up?

My parents fed off from the fact that I was embarrassed of them and that made it so much worse. I used to ask them to drop me off for school dances outside of the school grounds so people wouldnt see them....instead my mom dressed in a bright "Hawaiian suit" and they would drive me right up to the door playing horrible parent music and say "bye i love you...." and make kissy sounds then because I would wait outside for my friends they would drive around the school a couple times playing their music and pointing and waving to me.... FML

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 8:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Don't even get me started on this one! My dad was the KING of embarrassment when we were growing up! When we were in public he would just randomly start talking like he was mentally disabled and running around the store hitting himself, ect....he did it because he knew it embarrassed us (we lived in a small community, most ppl knew that it was our dad being a dumbass!) He always made me tie his shoes in public, and when ppl started staring at him he would tell me I needed to hurry up because ppl were looking at him funny. He would trip us in front of guys he knew we liked, just so we looked dumb. He also has the worst jokes ever, but he thinks he is the funniest person ever, little does he know most ppl laugh because they can't believe that he actually thinks he is funny.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• my mom would sing at her church almost every weekend- she had a terrible voice but in her mind she was Celine-Dion. Actually she still sings at her church.singing

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Bickering under their breath as if no one could tell by their faces or could even hear them. It still bugs the hell out of me.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 9:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My dad once showed baby pictures of me to my boyfriend, even the one of me on a potty chair and in the tub with my brother! I was mortified, lol!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My dad would walk around in restaurants and/or stores yelling JENNY, like from forrest gump.. AHHHHH !!i would act like i didnt knwo him :)
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2011