4yr old pain in thigh

She woke up this morning screaming in bed that she cant get up. I thought maybe it was just pins and needles so I tried to get her to stand up, she screamed bloody murder and was shaking so bad(clearly in pain). I picked her up put her on the couch, she couldnt put ANY weight on her leg. Now, an hour later, she can walk on it but with a limp, moving it certain ways is still hurting her and she keeps grabbing at it. Think its time for a Drs visit or should I wait it out. She hasnt injured it at all or anything like that, and growing pains dont cause a limp.....

UPDATE: Brought her in, No idea whats going on, but its a definate limp and they want to have her back in tomorrow morning to see if shes still limping, if so its Xray and bloodwork. Gave her some Motrin and we were told the limp would stick around but pain would be gone, so, we'll see. Thanks for the answers!

LenaMommyof3

Asked by LenaMommyof3 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My DD at 18 months broke her leg. It caused immediate pain and non-weight bearing. At 3 she can in form out side said her leg hurt but no limp or anything. After her bath she was non-weigh bearing and crying. I rushed her to the er seeing as she had a history of breaking bones! They did and x-ray but it turned out she had pulled a hamstring playing and it took inactivity for the pain to set in. FOR ME from now on if the pain is slow to set in I will give it a couple of days. If you are worried take her in and get it checked!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It could be that she had a muscle cramp during the night. But when in doubt take her to get it xrayed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i would take her to the doctor. had she recently received any shots in the leg?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Potassium deficiency? Have they x-rayed it yet? GL....!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011