Does it embarrass your significant other when/if you do this.............

This happens to us all the time.... we are in a store and there will be a person that has their shopping cart stopped blocking the aisle while they are looking at something and the only space that we could possibly fit through....thats where they are standing. So in other words the person and their cart is taking up the entire width of the aisle. I will say excuse me once.... wait a second, I will say it again and just nudge the cart a tiny bit with my hand so that in case they are hard of hearing they will know we are trying to get through then I will wait a little bit more and depending on their reaction I often times embarrass my fiancee. When the person looks up at me after saying excuse me twice, I will say it a 3rd time since their is eye contact and at that point if they dont move or acknowledge me I will grab their cart move it in a rude clearly annoyed way then I will make a comment like "thank you for being so cooperative and moving" My fiancee gets so embarrassed, he hates that the people do that and it annoys him as much as me but he would literally stand there until the person moved and we tried his approach once and were stuck behind the same B-word for 3 aisles like that before I did my thing.

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 8:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You give them more opportunity than I do. I say excuse me once and then move the cart completely. And nope, it doesn't embarrass my husband as he does the same thing. I do other things that embarrass him, but usually only at home.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I would do the same thing. You shouldn't have to ask someone three times. If they are elderly I have a little more compassion because chances are they're hard of hearing and slower than a young or even middle aged person.
    My husband is usually the one that embarasses me with those situations, but he goes way overboard! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• banging head into walli do hate when people block isles at the store but i would not touch their belongings. you might run into someone with a very bad attitude one day and they might want to get physical with u- some people could be nasty like that even though they are wrong. another thing i hate is when two people stand in the middle of the isle at the store and they have a full blown conversation, talking and laughing while they are oblivious to every body else who wants to get by ugh!!!!!! i just feel like ramming them in the leg with my cart ..honestly.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I used to be like your fiance, until I was pregnant....that was when I realized how rude people are....I would be walking through an aisle big belly and all, and someone would just shove their cart in front me while they were looking for something! Really? I would say excuse me and sometimes get a reaction....after that I just shove their cart right back at them! My husband sees no problem with this, in fact when I was pregnant he would get more angry about that stuff than I would.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I do the same thing and after 23 years of marriage my husband is used to it lol.  He knows I don't have any tolerance for ignorance.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have hoestly never had that happen. I mean, I have had people be in the way but as soon as I say excuse me they move. I would never physically move someones cart like that though, I would wait or just turn around. That is just me though.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2011