Would it bother you as a Christian if

evidence surfaced proving without a doubt that Jesus was married and sired children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• ive actually found it odd that Jesus never got married or had children. it wouldnt change my faith. im sure there are lots of things that were left outta the Bible. the men who put the Bible together could easily have left something out or chose to. if it came out that this was true it would actually make Jesus more human to me & even easier to follow & understand.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• what do u mean by sired children?
    Anonymous

• sire: to procreate as a father, to beget
    Anonymous

• No, it would not bother me at all. In fact, I think that Jesus most likely was married and probably had children. His ministry didn't actually begin until he was 30. Up until then, he lived a normal life as a carpenter in Galilee. Men, particularly Rabbis were expected to marry by the age of 20 in those days as part of Jewish custom. Why would Jesus be exempt from this?
    4boysmom32

Answer by 4boysmom32 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Wouldn't bother me a bit. I believe He didn't sin, and marriage and children are not sin. It would prove to me more that He knows what it's like to be tempted as we are, and because of the marriage and children, it would add more proof to what He said.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Jesus would be exempt because he came with a purpose. The purpose was not to live a normal life. He mission was to save the lost. and be an example of living a sin free life. Procreation is for our benefit not his. Considering he is the creator of all life. Our job is to multiply and replenish the earth. If Jesus was married and had children it would of said so. since the bible did not say it let's not add anything to it that was not written.
    Anonymous

• there was a show stating that jesus did marry and had some children. it was also said that as a young teen he was angry all the time cause he had lost his father and all that etc etc. i don't know if i believed any of that stuff but it wouldn't bother me. i think it would make him more human.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• That's all it was a show. Why can't we just read and believe what the bible says and stop adding to it?
    Anonymous

• then his decindents would be like the ruler of all earth...that would be weird
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• because the bible isn't a literally meaning of what god says. Man made the bible to help people better understand the words god spoke of... the ten commandments. The bible is a series of stories.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008