Do you think some women and men are more prone

Do you think some women and men are more prone to conceive a certain gender?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 8:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think some MEN (men's sperm is the ONLY deciding factor in gender) only have either X or either Y chromosomes in their sperm. And I had a rich friend with 3 of the same gender children have her husband's sperm checked - he only carried that particular gendered sperm. Period.

Women only carry the X chromosome - we never determine the sex of the child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• it does seem that way in some families doesnt it lol
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 8:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Apparently beekeepers only ever have daughters so family businesses pas from father to son-in-law :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• you know, I've heard that too, but when I look at my family history, I see this pattern with my grandmother, (my mom's mom), my mom, my sister and me.

The pattern is girl, boy, girl, girl, girl. My youngest sister continued the pattern by having another girl.

Makes me kinda wonder sometimes, how that happens. Maybe both have a hand in gender? Kinda interesting. :-)
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 9:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I think so :/ praying for a girl but so far 3 boys lol. I also know a couple that has 10 boys and finally found out they are pregnant with their girl. Lol no BC or surgeries for that wealthy family. They are hardcore Catholic. Every one of their boys is so well behaved. Not sure where im going with this lol :) but yes I do.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Men may be more prone to fathering a certain gender, but women play no part in deciding the sex of the baby. We only carry X chromosomes =)

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• LOL...as a mother of three daughters, no sons...MAYBE!!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I know that only the men's sperm is what decided weather you have a girl or a boy but i have a friend who is in a family with all girls ( her included is 4) each one of those girls have kids and every single one of them are boys except for my friend who finally had a girl so i don't know. It defiantly makes you wonder lol.
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 12:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• No, I don't think I buy that theory. There are of course exceptions with every rule. Male sperm are smaller and swim faster and live less time than female sperm...who are larger, slower and live longer. It is all in the ovulation. If you want a boy, you need to wait until you have ovulated and then have sex, as most of the sperm that gets to the egg first will be male. Want a girl, have sex a day or so before you ovulate, this way all the male sperm have gone before and died off with no egg there to fertilize. There are many books written on this information. I used this method to get a boy, and I got two in a row.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2011