My kids initial interpretation of having Jesus in their heart..... lol

When my kids were 3 and 4 and we were talking about having Jesus in their heart they got upset. They thought he was in their heart because they had eaten him. They cried because they thought they ate Him. Oh my, explained that one and things are fine now. lol What are some ways your kids have interprted things in the Bible?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I heard this story once and loved it..
    This girl was riding home from sunday school one day after church and her mom says.. how was sunday school today..
    the little girl thought for a minute and said Gods bigger than us right..
    the mom says .. yes hunny Gods bigger than us..
    so she says.. and he lives inside us.. right??
    The mom says well yes hunny he lives inside us..
    Finally after a few minutes the girl says..
    Well mommy if Gods bigger than us and he lives inside us..
    Shouldnt he show through??

Of course the little girls perception.. was different than what I get out of it.. but man that just makes me really ponder..
    If Gods bigger than Me.. and He lives inside me, Shouldnt he show through.. .
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• Not.a biblical thing, but yesterday I tried explaining why we were going to the funeral home (an aunt died, and this was for visitation for family)..I said, "the funeral home is where they keep the body, until the funeral service.."
    My ds-6 said, "WITHOUT THE HEAD??" ..LOL! In his understanding, 'the body' was just the torso..not the head, arms or legs. LMBO!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• The only thing my son knows about the bible is that witches should be killed... and he didn't want me leaving the house because of it. I could have screamed at the parents of the kid who told my child that. No, not cute... goddess help anyone who tries to scare my son again.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• My daughter, then 4, told me at Christmas that she was Mary and was "going to born baby Jesus".

She very seriously explained: "Mommy, I had Jesus in my heart, but he falled out into my tummy, and now I am going to born him and lay him in a manger."
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 12:48 AM on Jun. 24, 2011

• lol cute, the way kids see things is so funny sometimes
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 9:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• LOL ... so funny.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 2:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Yeah. Adorable how your kids were TERRIFIED at the thought of having accidently consumed Jesus (isn't that what holy communion is about???). Adorable how my daughter didn't want to take a bath for over a month because she didn't want god to see her naked. Fear is just so freaking cutesy-wootsy, isn't it!??
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Fear comes from lack of understanding and Perfect Love will cast out the fear.
    We have all had fears of something because we did not understand.
    Once it is explained IN LOVE then the fear leaves.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2011