Why do stepmother's feel it is okay to bash their stepchildren and the biological mom?

There was just a question on here that really pissed me off. The nasty stepmom posted anon and has since deleted her "question". She posted a picture of her beautiful stepdaughter wearing jeans shorts that came halfway down to her knees, a long tee shirt, and flat sandals. Because she had her hair highlighted ( which looked adorable) and she was wearing acrylic nails in a short French manicure style, she was asking us all if she looked like a "stripper" and saying if we didn't all think so then there was something wrong with us. I would like to give a nice, big Cafemom SLAP to that nasty stepmother.

P.S. I do know there are some lovely stepmothers out there, it was THIS one that really rubbed me the wrond way, posting a picture of a kid that wasn't hers and criticizing how she looked and her mother for dressing her that way. Like I said, the girl looked lovely and was dressed appropriately in my opinion.

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 9:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think it is very wrong of her to put a pic of the kid on this website especially because it isn't her kid, plus she was saying negative stuff about the child. how immature. how would she feel if someone had a pic of her kid on some website ?
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I guess it just depends on the woman, and her situation or her relationship with the ex's wife and kids. There are some AWESOME step-moms out there, and unfortunately some not-so-good ones as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Because she's obviously insecure and immature. When you marry someone with children, you need to do your best to love those children as your own. Or you should leave. Most of the time that person is going to choose their children over you if there's complications, if they don't they should be ashamed of themself and don't deserve the love of their children. IMO...
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• It's sad to think that there are awful stepparents like that out there... and in my experience, bad stepparents don't stay married to your bio parents very long. I had an awful stepdad once... he was so mean to me and my sisters. He and my mom have been divorced for about three years... thank God. My stepmom and my dad have been married for 12 years now, and I love my stepmom. She's just as mom-like to me as my real mom.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i dont know about the question you're referring to, but to say that ALL smothers aren't allowed to bash their skids/the bm based on ONE idiotic woman is pretty ignorant of you. sure, the poster should NOT have put a picture of a child that isn't hers on a public forum. also, she probably has other problems, based off of your post. but to start a question saying ALL smothers should shut their mouths when it comes to their steplife is counterproductive. yes, there ARE crappy smoms. but there are also crappy biomoms, too, and those smoms have just as much right to vent about them as anyone else is allowed to vent about their crappy next door neighbor, the annoying chick at the grocery store, and their moronic husband.
    also, to say that a smom needs to love their skids like their own is also extremely ignorant. skids already have a mom. they don't need someone else to come along and replace her. that's how you get drama.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 9:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Im glad me and my step sons mother get along. Matter of fact she is always thanking me for being there for him when she can't. It wasn't always like this though. I hate when women try to bash each other. Just get along with the person ,it makes life much easier. I hate all that drama.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 9:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• someone else just deleted a post about her husband's kids. she doesn't think it's her responsibility to step up and be a parent because their mom is done.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 10:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Angrybob, you obviously didn't read my post, just the question at the top. I did not say that ALL stepmoms are bad. I did say that all stepmoms have no right to post pictures of their stepkids without permission from the bio parents, and NO adult should EVER bash a child EVER, especially online. You just said that stepparents SHOULD be allowed to bash their stepkids, and I disaggree with you totally.
    I was competely disgusted with this woman ,who went on and on about how her 10 year old stepdaughter looked like a stripper becasue she was wearing fake nails and had her hair highlighted.
    alphamom26

Comment by alphamom26 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• i did read your post. it had nothing to do with your title. your title implied that no smom should ever bash their skid/the bm. your post was about ONE specific poster that made an idiot out of herself. it sounded more like a callout. that's what i was pointing out.
    you're disgusted by the woman - and you should be. she sounds like a real piece of work, and i feel bad for her sd. it's hard enough growing up without dad's wife breathing down your neck. but your post and your title are not the same, and that is what i disagree with. if you're going to call someone out, or get angry about their post, by all means, go for it. but don't title your post smoms shouldn't bash skids/bm, and then talk about ONE person that was a jerk.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 11:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Sorry, angrybob, I have to disagree with you again. Stepmom's SHOULDN'T bash their stepkids. Parent's shouldn't bash other people's kids. Adults shouldn't bash ANY kids. I pity your stepchildren, if you have any.
    alphamom26

Comment by alphamom26 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2011