No libido...how to deal? adult content

I have been to drs and I do mean multiple drs and there isnt anything wrong with me but I have no libido. I used to when I first became sexually active 11 years ago. I have had a total of 6 partners and 2 of them were people I truly loved yet still had no libido. There was only 1 person I had a libido with and that was my first real serious bf ever and truthfully I wasnt even totally into him like I should have been. Im saying that piece of info because I know some peoples thoughts are probably going to be that Im not happy in my relationship now and thats why I have no libido but thats not the case at all. I am overweight for where I should be and wondered if that could be why BUT back when I had a libido I was 20-ish lbs heavier. I have tried multiple birth control products and even no birth control and neither made any difference. Help!

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 9:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you on any medications? Some meds can suppress sensuality. If no, try pleasuring yourself. Hot bubble bath, candles, pleasant scent, you get the idea. Make a point to do this 2 or 3 times a week for a while. Experiment with touching every part of your body. You will find that the more you do this, the more you will awaken. Once you find what pleasures you, then you will be able to tell a partner. Hope this helps.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• The fact is, your partner is WITH you, LOVES you, and DESIRES you.

Lots of things can mess with libido. Medications like anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs are loaded with seratonin. This will literally block sexual impulses from reaching your brain. If you aren't comfortable with your body, this can load you down with all sorts of negative feelings about what is sexy and what isn't.

If you need a little boost in the libido department, try a pheromone cologne. It naturally lowers the seratonin level in your brain for a few minutes so you can respond. If that doesn't work, I recommend Love Motion #9. It is a vaso-dilator that works by causing a female erection. (which generally we only experience RIGHT before orgasm) You CAN'T say NO! It's like Viagra for women!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2011