Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

What would you do if your husband was gone for a year and he comes back and tells you he doesnt love you anymore and you just need to get over it? I had to find out from my 4 year old daughter that he has a new girlfriend and i havent even seen him but 8 times this year. Please answer me honestly would you sign the divorce papers?

Answer Question

Asked by Lanningswife07 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (14)
  • I am assuming the gone for a year = military.....

    Thats a tough one, and unfortunately a problem lots of military families go through. If he is completely unwilling to try to work it out, then yes, its over, and thats that. If he is willing to work on it, you can help him find the love again...

    I am sorry I don't have better advice. Best of luck to you.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • Yes, I would.
    In a relationship, both people need to be happy. If he isn't, then don't make him stay. That's not fair to him. And a child is no reason to stay together either, she can still have both parents.

    Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • hell yes I would... I would def. sign those papers. I mean, do you really want to be with someone who doesnt even love you?? i cant say that I would know how hard it is... but you dont think he will turn around after a year and a new woman in his life and say that it was a mistake and that he wants to be with you???

    Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • Yep sign the papers. Moving on is harder but you have to sign them and thats the first step in moving on with your life.

    Answer by gemgem at 4:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • Why would you not? Obviously he has moved on, now so you have to too. I know it sucks, but he has proved what an ass he is. Do you really still want him?

    Answer by pupmom at 4:20 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • I agree with the other ladies. Not signing would only be an act of revenge on your part, no matter how deserved. He's not worth it. If he was, he wouldn't be doing this to you.

    Answer by rhope4 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • Y be with a man who doesnt want to be with you!! Sign the papers that will make it seem "real" to you and get on with your life find someone who wants to be with you too!!

    Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • you can't make anyone love you but your child loves you unconditionally and that is all that matters. so if this is what he wants then move on with your life with your child beside and just sign him away. he is not worthy of you. the new girlfriend is not as fortunate as you cause now she is stuck with a selfish man that has no real meaning of what love means. you will find someone better.

    Answer by melody77 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • I have to agree with the others, sign the papers and move on to better things. Obviously it isn't easy. Stop wasting your time and start the healing process.

    Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

  • YES...atleast yours told you that he didnt love you anymore...I was away from my Husband for 8 months while I was pregnant with our second son. After I had our second I found out that he had been cheating for 5 months behind my back...and didnt have the balls to tell me he didnt love me anymore...So if he doesnt want it, let it go. You will find someone who appreciates you.

    Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 5:52 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.