Do You Work At Home?

I'm looking to work at home. Any suggestions?

_screen.name_

Asked by _screen.name_ at 9:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work at home being a housewife and I have a Home Business. I am a Team Mentor with Tastefully Simple. Have you ever considered doing something like this?? I would be happy to share. :-)
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 10:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Generally, anything you find that claimes easy work from home is a scam. There are very few reputable companies that offer good telecommuting work.

Running a business from your home is an option if you have a little money for an investment. There are a lot of successful direct sales businesses to get involved in.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There are so many, and it really Ticks me off when people say things like there are no such thing...THere are plenty of both JOBS and BUSINESSES...the thing is the GOOD paying jobs are few and far between there are many ity bitty paying things...some are ok, some IMO not worth the time at all.

Then there are businesses, there are hundreds...some products some like mine service....some have parties, obviously the service one's do not...
    I work from home PT I make a FT income I have 0 parties, orders, deliveries etc. Prepaid Legal Services is on the top 100 small business list for FORBES, BBB A+ rated for over 17 yrs and just purchased privately for WELL ABOVE the stock price at 657 MILLION dollars b/c it is so highly sought after.

Its a Service that is growing faster than we have in the last 17 yrs b/c it is something that PEOPLE NEEDS AND WANT!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• There are reputable companies that offer work from home. Here are a few: Leap force at home.com, talk2rep, next job at home.net, net-temps, job scouts and there are several more.
    I also work for a very reputable company if you are interested in direct sales. You can do most of it at home.
    Fabe21

Answer by Fabe21 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Meooma- Have you tried all or even any of the work at home jobs? Yes, they are scams out there. That means just like in school, we have some homework. (sigh)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I work from home, but not for one of those scams. I do the billing, payables, collections, contracts, etc. for a small consulting firm. I only go to the office (with the kids) for a couple of hours maybe twice a month. I make a good salary, have a 401K, get paid vacation and sick, its a real job. I know that is tough to come by, but it can happen. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I have a home business. I am an independent Scentsy Consultant. I love it! I choose my own hours and I'm home with my two children. It's a great company that's takes great care of it's consultants.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• yes I do work at home, for more info go to: http://www.freedomathometeam.com/soar/Moms I've seen that people are saying that there isn't any real work at home companies and that's completely false. Yes there are alot of scams out there but this isn't one of em. I wouldn't be putting alot of time into it if it was. Anyway, good luck!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I manage our carpet cleaning business from home (and OMG we aren't a real business but a scam....snicker, is my sarcasm too obvious?)

I am also a beachbody coach (rep), promoting and selling beachbody workout systems (P90X, Insanity, TurboFire, etc) and their other products.

I've been with many direct sales company and i've been with beachbody about 2 months and made more than any of the other combined so far....it's MY perfect fit.

There is info about the opportunity and products on my blog site at: www.FitWithMelissa.com
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2011