Weight loss tips?

My daughter, Olivia (age 17), is overweight and I think it's best for her health if she loses some weight. So any tips?
Here's a picture: http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=14163866

I appreciate all help and will answer questions :D

xxx
Mellisa

MomMellisa

Asked by MomMellisa at 9:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• She looks adorable to me and not overweight. But it's the same old thing........Calories out have to be more than calories in to get weight off. Do smaller servings and more exercise.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 9:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• she so pretty !!! and not overweitght at all ... she just has ''Marlyne'' boddy '' mean WOMAN body '' .. and she was so pretty and HOT .... bless ur DH ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• After I had my baby and after my 6 wk check up, I started Turbofire. You have probably seen the infomercial for it. It is from the Beachbody company who does P90X and all those dvd sets. I think she will love this program because there in some dance moves in there and the music is fun and its really fun to do. I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks! Dead serious. Of course she needs to watch her diet, cut out sugar. I use truvia instead of sugar. Don't buy Turbofire from the beachbody site, buy it on Ebay it'll be like $89 as opposed to $140!! Oh and no weights involved!
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• She's not stick thin, but I don't think she is overweight. I would be careful about encouraging a 17 year old to lose weight. If you are concerned about her weight maybe try to fix healthier dinners and buy more fruits and veggies, but PLEASE be careful. You don't want her to have issues. She is a very pretty girl and you want her to be happy(:
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 11:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• She looks just fine to me...I think you have to be careful not to give her any issues by making her feel like she's overweight when she may not be? Though this is not perfect, BMI is a good indicator of whether she needs to think about a little weight loss or not. You can find BMI calculators online. Encourage her to find activities she enjoys, running, tennis, swimming and encourage her to eat healthfully and stay away from fast food and sugar. Make it a lifestyle to stay healthy rather than weight loss
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2011

• I agree with the previous replies...slowly add more exercise into your lives...go for walks, take the stairs, try to do more outdoor things - hikes, etc. Or get a few different workout DVD's and workout together. I recently bought the 30 day shred DVD from amazon.com for $6.99 with free shipping. It's a good workout. I got some small cheap dumbells from Walmart and a yoga mat. I'm just starting out on my weight loss journey too.

Keep more fresh fruits and veggies in the house if you can - get rid of snack foods. Use leaner meats in your meals.

Just by doing more exercise and eating less / eating healthier, you can maintain a great body or lose weight if that's what you want.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 12:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2011